Monday 31 January 2011

London

Yes I know what you are saying, “why are you exploring London, you are from there?”. Yep you are right, but how many of us know what that stuff and statues in Trafalgar square means or was built for or what stuff they have in those things there call galleries? I always see tourists getting so excited, when they ride the bus and eat an ice cream, and on the flip side I see so many Londoners moody when getting onto London Transport (rightly so, its soo.. that is another topic for a different blog for a different time).

They is allot to see and value about London. As i get older I am beginning to value this great city and all our many bridges that all represent and were erected to cater for changing times in our City’s history. But not even it, this city is so diverse. We have the old and the knew. For example we have the Gherkin (sorry if i slept it wrong) and then a couple miles down the road you have St Paul’s Cathedral then if you walk more east you have the London eye, which you can take the bus 73 or 38 (the old ump on the back red buses with the conductors if you don’t know).

I have made a decision that I must explore my own city first before I venture out and explore the world. The history of London is very intertwined with the rest of the world, especially Europe and America. But besides the history you have some really funny characters, especially in Camden. But I love it. London is apart of me, whether I choose to confess it or not. Every time I visit another country I always compare it to London. For instances, the traffic system in Rome, is so wrong. My apologies for any Italians reading this, but its true. They drive crazy and don’t stop at zebra crossings and they beep and get angry when you do cross. It’s war, and I haven’t even got behind the wheel. But anyway, enjoy the London experience.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.